Friday, July 08, 2005

I couldn't stand it...I had to knit something while the slippers were felting. So I cast on two sets of mittens, one for my son and one for me. Jorns are done. This is a super easy and *quick* pattern from Bev's Country Cottage It is the first pair of mittens I have made and they are knit using only two needles. They are very homemade looking and snuggly. Jorn wore them for about 1/2 a second so this was the best picture I could get with them "in action".



Here's a close up. I'm off for the weekend with Hubby and child to my graduation from the Celebrant USA program where I have been studying ceremony and ritual for the past year. On Sunday I will offically be a certified Celebrant able to assist in the creation of uniquely beautiful and meaningful ceremonies of all kinds. I am nervous, thrilled and looking forward to this journey. Have a *great* weekend everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Such cute mittens. As for the felting... just trust the felting gods. Things "almost" always turn out! Can't wait to see pics!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mittens look great! Congrats again on graduating AND being fearless!!

11:08 AM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

Thanks! I can't tell you how easy those mittens are. I think I was making "hot cereal"/oatmeal for my son and knitting at the same time and both finished simultaneously. It felt that quick!

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home