Thursday, July 14, 2005

His Head on a Platter



So, after a long rainy day I managed to check all those things off my "To-Do" list! I am happy to say that my house is shiny and clean! Well, it's still kind of like an antique mirror with a touch of fog and patina but that's ok, it has character. I decided that I would enjoy the evening by sitting down, kicking my feet up on our coffee table now free from the milk sippy marks, and finish off the hat I started yesterday. It was the first time I made an I-Cord and Pom Poms and it was so much fun. I am really happy with the results. Now I just have to figure out who to give it to. But, I bet you're wondering why I photographed the hat on top of a set of plates...well that's because after all my hard work today and so many loads of laundry I am still bent over from spending too much time in our "partial basement" I walked into our bathroom to find this...



Argh. My DH strikes again! Typically this doesn't phase me. It is really just such cliche male behavior that I felt it needed to be documented for all to see. Seriously, look where his drawers are and where the basket is. This is for real. For a moment though I wanted my DH's head on a platter, after all that energy spent on cleaning just one second of the illusion of perfection would have been nice...just one. And so that is why procrastination hat is sitting pretty on a stack of plates. It just seemed fitting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well...I guess it's a good thing you have a few hours before he gets home from work to calm down :o)

...if you kill him, can I have his puter games? ;o) KIDDING (sorta)

So...can I also just say...at least I didn't put Roger's unmentionables on the internet for all and sundry to peruse...hehehe

11:08 PM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

I'm so bad, eh?

Check out the eyes on the boxers. My MIL is an obsessive shopper and for some reason she buys halloween boxers for $1 after the holiday and gives them to Greg. I can't wait till he leaves the ones that say "BOO" all over them *next* to the laundry basket...

11:21 PM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

Oh, get some rest will ya...it's your BIRTHDAY!!!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That hamper looks like mine. My husband just throws the stuff in the general direction of the hamper as well. Usually it hits the mark but is hanging out the side or behind the hamper. My personal favorite is when he stuffs the plastic wrappy thing from his drycleaning on my dresser instead of in the trash can. Good times...

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home