Wednesday, July 27, 2005

More Green Please

Yahoo! Made it to Webs today with Jess, her mom, and her sister Amanda, or as I like to call them the Knitting Wallendas! While I was there I figured out that I am really into green right now as you can see from the purchases I made above (or ummm my green blog). There's some Donegal Tweed, Some Kid Silk, and some Valley Yarn mohair in there. I have already started turning the tweed and kid silk into a pair of super yummy leg warmers. I had leg warmers that I used to wear when I was a little ballerina girl many moons ago so I am feeling nostalgic and childish I guess.

While at Webs, Jess and I met Skrilla who holds the coveted job of Web's employee. It really is a small world and I am always amazed at how the blog world connects knitters in the virtual circle we all seem to dwell in. It was nice though to cross that cyber line today and put a real face with the html.

(Right here there should be a group shot of all of us outside the shop holding our spoils...but... although I managed to remember to bring my camera I did not remember to charge my batteries. So it'll have to wait till I get a copy.)

After Web's we all trucked over to the bead shop in NoHo to stock up on supplies for the stitch marker swap. I am making my first set ever for my self(ish) and then I once I figure out what the heck I am doing I'll impose my taste on some poor unsuspecting knitter with my second set ever. Ok. Back to knittin and beadin...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, I can email you a picture of all of us standing in front of webs. Just send me an email, amandacroasmun at aol dot com. By the way, Love the hat! : D

11:17 PM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

Thanks! Jess emailed me the link to our group shot. I had a great time at Webs and almost need more yarn already. Glad you like the hat it only took about 2 hours. A great knitting mom project. See you soon!

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home