Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I've Been TAGGED!

My dear friend Jess made me do this...

id·i·o·syn·cra·sy

Pronunciation Key
n. pl. id·i·o·syn·cra·sies
A structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group.

Write down five of your own personal idiosyncrasies. Then, if you wish, tag five people from your live gerbil or friendslist to do the same

Idiosyncrasies? What idiosyncrasies? I don't have any of those. Oh yeah, wait a minute I do like...

1.) I have to have to restraighten any pillows that my DH puts on the couch because he is not sensitive to the fact that the zipper part of the pillow cover should
always face down. But you know that right? What he doesn't realize is that my X-ray vision picks up on this sloppiness unlike the regular eye which really can't tell which way the zipper is unless they physically move the pillow. This idiosyncrasy happens to be genetic (passed down from my father) and also includes; remaking the bed if someone else does it, straightening throw rugs so that they are perpendicular with an edge, and repositioning decorative household objects that have been moved or arranged by someone other than myself.

2.) I simply can not finish the last cookie in a package, spoonful of ice cream, gulp of OJ in the container, broken potato chips at the bottom of the bag, etc. The problem is that I don't leave enough for a full portion so let's just say you've had a long day. All you wanna do is kick back watch a movie and eat some ice cream. You reach into the freezer for that pint of Ben and Jerry's Phish Food and BAM! Your hand hits the top of the freezer because it is, for all intent and purposes, *empty*. You open it only to find one measly crystalized teaspoon full with one pathetic half broken chocolate fish. Yeah, I just couldn't finish it...don't ask me why. Sorry.

3.) I am obsessed with pens. I LOVE them. I can't stop buying them. I write "does this pen work?" just to write with them. It is a sickness. A few weeks ago I woke up and had to go to Staples to get a purple pen. Why? Because I am a freak that's why.

4.) I laugh really hard when people fall. Like *really* hard. Now don't get me wrong, I have genuine concern when I see someone falling and always rush to help them up but all the while I am laughing-my-ass-off. I feel really bad because I just can't help it. Really I can't.

5.) No matter what I do I am always 10 minutes late. If I have 10 minutes before I have to leave for work I think, "Oh, I have plenty of time.". But 10 minutes does not translate into casting on the French Market Bag or starting a set of stitch markers which is what I might do if let's say I had 10 extra minutes before I had to be somewhere. I know this, I really do, but despite my ability to understand I simply can't help myself. But if you're consistantly 10 minutes late I firmly believe that means you are actually on time. Right?

Ok. At this point I am supposed to Tag five other people. But I don't know anyone. So for now it's just you and me and my idiosyncrasies. Enjoy!

6.) BONUS IDIOSYNCRASY I had to add this one because I caught myself doing it today and it is weird. I never thought of it before as an idiosyncrasy but this exercise in self examination allowed me to realize how strange human (or ahem... my) behaviour can be.

Ok. I keep peoples shopping lists that I find in the grocery carts at supermarkets. Didga get that? Yeah. If I go to use a cart and there is an old list in it I will pick it up put it in my purse and take it home. From that point it is transfered into a special box that has stranger' s lists and now that I am looking at it some receipts. I guess it is a form of voyeurism or something. Who knows? Perhaps I should seek therapy. Juicy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I love pens too. I had to actually restrain myself from buying the little mini sharpies from Target last weekend. The urge was very strong...

8:58 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Do you know there is a whole blog dedicated to the shopping list thing? If I remember it, I'll be back.

1:48 PM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

Oh. I must know the location of that blog. What a relief to know that I am not alone!

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh. Well, I was suspicious but now I know for sure...you *are* a freak ;oÞ

Kidding! You know...the mini sharpies are on sale at Office Max...buy two four packs get one free!

5:17 PM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

Evil Temptress! But I like you anyway ;-)

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home