Monday, August 15, 2005

Boogie Revisited

A while back I made the Boogie Vest from Knitty to get acquainted with cables. I also thought that a sweater vest like this would be nice to have only no matter how much I try I can't seem to get comfortable wearing them. I felt like a knitting barbarian in this one. So shortly after its completion I picked up some stitches and added sleeves. While the French Market Bag is sitting on needles I thought now would be a good time to revisit the Boogie Vest turned sweater.

Earlier this summer a vest was born


It wasn't long before she grew into a sweater



Ahh, that's so much better. I can tell already that this one is going to be a main staple in my winter wardrobe . All I did was pick up stitches and knit for 3/4 sleeves then rib in the contrast color I worked around the neck line. The whole thing was done with 4 skeins of Lopi.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

That looks fantastic!

1:05 PM  
Blogger knitties said...

Your Boogie 'vest' looks terrific and much better with sleeves! And gosh, you look stunning in your pictures :-)

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home