Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Finito Completo!

I took some time today while DH and my little guy went to the playground to weave in some loose ends and put that finishing touch on the lace scarf I had been knitting. Here are the results.


I can't wait to pull these babies out when the snow starts falling! They are so cozy. I decreased the number of stitches a few times before settled on a CO of 40. They were knit with Donegal Tweed and Kid Silk held together. The pattern came from Last Minute Knitted Gifts which I can't recommend highly enough.


As for the scarf, this was knit as a gift for someone and I thought two balls would be enough. As it turned out the scarf felt a touch short to me. It wasn't long enough to do a wrap around. Instead of heading back to the YS I decided (with the help of some of the knitting divas I stitch with every Wednesday, esp. Cathy) to add a loop and a button.


It worked out really well since the back side of the scarf is a definate wrong side. This way the scarf sits pretty. It is really strange seeing both these FO's in the same post. They each have such a different feeling.

And now I am off to CO the French Market Bag from Knitty! I tried unsuccessfully about 7 times today to CO with the DP directions and became incredibly frustrated. Has anyone out there managed the 8 stitch DP CO with M1 increases? Maybe my hands are too big or something. Believe me I love a challenge but this was beginning to feel like torture. So, I sought some advice from CraftyLilly who finished the bag a few months ago. She went the straight on circular route. I have a feeling I will follow suit. Perhaps I'll pose a challenge to the lovely ladies of Berkshire County Knitters when we gather tomorrow and see what happens. I'll be sure to post the results.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Beautiful FO's! I love those leg warmers!

6:52 PM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

Thanks! I'll be sure to let you know how the French Market Bag begins...

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look great (and feel great too)!! See you tomorrow!

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://ckriklpf.com/fghs/oehz.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://tgdpkgpv.com/vuhm/enob.html]Cool site[/url]

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://ckriklpf.com/fghs/oehz.html | http://qjgftozg.com/fijp/wxsr.html

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home