Thursday, August 11, 2005

Frenchie in Progress

After many attempts to start the French Market Bag with the double point instructions I finally threw in the towel and cast the bag on straight. Here she is...



I am using Cascade 220 in #8891 and #9434. The Cascade multi's felt so pretty. I have to say that all the straight knitting would normally be a bit boring but I have wanted to knit this bag for so long now that I really am looking forward to the finished project. I also have some time to knit at work and simple knitting like this is perfect for that because it requires so little concentration. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on the progress. In the meantime...

I made these felted baby Mary Jane's a long time ago. The pink ones are made using Cascade Multi and eventhough the light is harsh I think you can see how nicely the colors incorporate.

These were made with Lamb's Pride and then embroidered out of neccessity. Both pairs are crocheted and there were gaps in the front of these booties so I figured I needed to close them somehow. The pattern is called Fake Mary Jane's from Crotiques and it is free. Again, I just used a bigger hook and felted away. I think these work up in 1/2 hour or less! I have made several pairs that are in need of some little feet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Love the booties and the colors of your French Market! The knitting of Frenchie goes pretty quick.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home