Thursday, August 18, 2005

Fini!

Frenchies done! Here she is before going off to the wash.

Ah, it was hard to let her go but in she went.

While Frenchie was felting we took our 1973 Citroen DS23 (a French classic) out of the garage and shined her up for some pictures.

And here are the results...a completely felted French Market Bag !

From the top down...


Now she's ready to head off to the farmers market to pick up some recently harvested garlic and the juiciest peaches I have had in years!



Au revoir!

Oh, some notes about the process and things I learned...I can't tell you how much I LOVE felting with Cascade 220. It is just the best or at least the best I have encountered so far. By best, I mean most reliable and the color selection is amazing. If I were to make this bag again, which I definately will, I would purchase an additional skein of yarn and make the bag deeper. The Knitty picture is deceptive. This bag is on the small side. A baguette would not fit in it. Also, I would increase the handle length by a couple of inches to give you the ability to carry it on your arm. Not your shoulder like a tote bag but just by your elbow. All that being said I am happy with the results and already itching to start another project. Lucky for me I just ordered Glampyre's Tubular Camisole pattern and think I have just the right yarn already in my stash. Maybe I'll let my hands rest over the weekend though...they're starting to tingle which can't be good! Have a great weekend all!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Frenchie looks magnifique! Yes, the bag is a bit shallow isn't it? I'm about to start the Glampyre tube camisole as well. We'll be knitting it together!

9:13 AM  
Blogger soapy said...

Looks great! Love the colors!

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! The bag looks great! Now that the car is all shined up, wanna go to a show on Sunday? :o))

12:22 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Love your frenchie! I have yarn stashed to make this, but have gotten sidetracked with other things. I think I'll do it next - I also love Cascade 220! I really like your work and blog!

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://uiclbque.com/ylqr/chja.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://mkhgmruw.com/kvge/nxjb.html]Cool site[/url]

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://uiclbque.com/ylqr/chja.html | http://xiqisaoy.com/ysgg/btnt.html

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home